Interim Executive Director of Coporate Resources (Section 151)
Director of Coporate Resources wanted for a local authority based in the North West. The role will be a 6 month contract at least paying £800 per day .
Key duties include
- To support the creation of and articulate the longer term vision, strategy and priorities of the Council (and its partners), as set out in its Sustainable Community Strategy, 3 Year Council Plan, and Medium Term Financial Strategy.
- To work with the Cabinet to lead and develop relationships with key stakeholders in government, business and communities, creating partnerships to influence views and decisions for the benefit of Cheshire East.
- Promote managerial responsibility for cross-organisational team working, and across boundaries with other agencies and partners, voluntary and other public sector organisations, and with service users, to deliver more cost effective and valued services and solve problems in a coherent and integrated manner.
- Develop and embed a performance culture that delivers results in terms of better outcomes for local people through rigorous open challenge, personal accountability, disciplined execution and continual improvement.
- Discover new ways to reduce the cost of services to taxpayers and improve their overall productivity and value for money to service users, through a range of approaches, including: the strategic re-design of services and their costs; the use of business and operational process improvements; the smarter use of supply (through out-sourcing, co- sourcing and in-sourcing where appropriate); the better use of demand management; and improved asset management.
- Ensure that effective risk management arrangements are in place to maximise the ability to identify and take up opportunity, and to minimise the Council’s exposure to risk and uncertainty, whilst encouraging creative thinking and innovative practice.
- Put in place resilient business continuity arrangements, and robust response and recovery arrangements in the event of emergencies and critical incidents locally – in accordance with the requirements of the Council’s Emergency and Business Continuity Plans.
- Ensure that all services/functions are delivered within and to budget.
- To articulate, champion and develop the Council’s new operating model and principles, driving efficiency and innovation in service design and methods of delivery, to provide added value for money for local people.
The ideal candidate will also have experience of being a Section 151 within a local authority and will be able to start a short notice. The ideal candidate candidate will also have experience of implementing MTFS
What’s on offer?