An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Accountant to join a leading public sector organisation based in Liverpool. My client is looking for an enthusiastic individual who is an experienced Project Accountant to join their dynamic finance function on a full-time, permanent basis.
As the Project Accountant you will be working with the Head of Finance and supporting the Finance Graduate. You will be responsible for the delivery of finance projects and representing the finance team on cross-functional project teams alongside the following duties:
- Delivering financial support to operational teams
- Continuous improvement of financial processes, procedures and reporting
- Preparing monthly project reports for the Head of Finance and Director of Finance
- Managing finance projects including budget setting and business planning
- Overseeing Development budget and cash flow forecasts through managing relationships with Head of Assets and other project stakeholders
Required skills and experience of the Project Accountant
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified or equivalent
- Strong experience in Project Management
- Management accounts background
- Excellent communication and business partnering skills for both finance and non-finance staff
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Experience in the housing sector would be advantageous
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise responsibilities
- Demonstrates initiative, whilst able to take direction
This is fantastic opportunity to join an organisation with a great company culture, a strong desire to develop staff and recently listed as one of the best companies to work for in the UK.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Accounts Assistant role, please apply now, or contact Abigail Day at Sellick Partnership.
Candidates without the relevant experience will not be contacted.