Deputy Financial Controller
An organisation involved in the regeneration and development of East London is currently recruiting for a Deputy Financial Controller. The role will help the organisation achieve its aim of driving innovation and growth.
The successful applicant will manage a team overseeing the day to day financial management of the organisation, including the preparation of timely financial information, providing advice and guidance and maintaining and developing robust financial systems and processes. The key responsibilities will include;
- Supporting the preparation of statutory accounts
- Preparing monthly and annual cash flow projection as appropriate
- Supporting and maintaining a culture of continuous improvement
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of technical competency areas
- Assisting the preparation of the annual budget and reporting against this budget, ensuring budget holders have relevant and accurate information to make good decisions
To be suitable for the role you need to be a fully qualified accountant with strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate and influence Senior Management. A proven track record of ensuring key performance indicators and financial drivers are in place whilst continually identifying and implementing systems improvements and efficiencies is essential, as is exposure to the production of statutory financial statements. An awareness and understanding of the public sector in relation to financial procedures and the management of income streams is desirable but not essential.