A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a confident and innovative financial accountant. This impressive organisation has recently opened their doors as a result of rapid expansion. This role allows the individual the opportunity to work alongside a diverse range of stakeholders with a broad range of expertise. This local authority are known for their enviable work life balance that is promoted organisation wide.
Key accountabilities include:
- Preparation of monthly management reports and statutory annual accounts including taking responsibility for the month and year end financial models as well as coordinating the annual external audit.
- Supporting Finance Business Partners
- Preparing monthly VAT returns, data returns, monthly payroll deductions and ownership of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Mentoring and developing allocated team members such as an apprentice
- Leading of period-end closure activities; monthly management reports and statutory annual accounts.
The successful applicant will be an up and coming financial accountant with an appetite for adding to their existing knowledge based. You will be educated to degree level or equivalent. Applicants must possess a professional qualification such as CIPFA, ACCA, ICAEW, CIMA. Strong excel skills are a desirable factor for this post as well as demonstrable knowledge working within the public sector. You must be confident in your ability to communicate across all platforms with senior stakeholders.
Apply for Financial Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly