Corporate Finance Business Partner
As well as being a city rich in heritage and culture, and a UNESCO world city of literature, Norwich has also been voted as one of the best places to live and work in the UK by the Sunday Times.
Norwich City Council is a forward-looking, ambitious and commercially minded organisation who has a long tradition of delivering benefits to the local community, but has so much more planned. It is looking at a number of regeneration and development programmes and is about to embark on a significant change programme across the council, which focuses on empowering, matrix working, and smarter ways of working through the use of technology.
Working as part of the LGSS finance family, but dedicated wholly to Norwich City Council, the Corporate Finance Business Partner is a member of the Finance Management Team and will report directly to the Chief Finance Officer. The role manages a team of four responsible for coordinating the annual closure of accounts and providing expert technical advice across the council. Key responsibilities will include;
- Coordinating the annual closure of accounts process, involving partners, external organisations and subsidiary companies
- Providing expert technical advice on complex financial issues including the Collection Fund, taxation, capital accounting and MRP policy
- Overseeing the day-to-day provision of financial services to the Council’s housing company
- Ensuring that a focus on innovation and continuous improvement is instilled across the team
- Working with LGSS Treasury Management service to deliver an enhanced, strategic and longer term focus on cash forecasting and borrowing needs
To be suitable for the role you need to be an innovative and forward thinking qualified accountant with a focus on team working, business partnering and delivery. Alongside strong technical skills, and proven experience of playing a lead role in the year end process, the ability to communicate and influence a range of stakeholders is also essential.
To see the job description and for further information on Norwich City Council please refer to https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/norwich .
For more information or an informal discussion, please contact Will Ryan at Allen Lane on 020 3031 9635. To apply, please send your CV and supporting statement (A maximum of 2 pages) to Norwich@allenlane.co.uk by Wednesday 29th August.
Interviews will be take place on Tuesday 11th September.
Apply for Corporate Finance Business Partner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly