Finance Manager (FM)
SJA is a nonprofit and currently serves approximately 275 students annually with a budget of $1.5 million.
Please visit www.saintjosephacademy.org to learn more.
Finance Manager (part-time)
Reporting to the Headmaster (HM), the FM is responsible for all accounting and finance functions of SJA.
Maintain all aspects of SJA's accounting records and books in accord with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports and related materials for SJA's management and board of directors.
• Oversee budgeting, financial forecasting, and cash flow analysis/projections.
• Process tuition payments, donations, fund raising resources and all other receipts daily and make bank deposits, or initiate ACH transactions as appropriate.
• Manage accounts payable to ensure timely and accurate payment of bills.
• Coordinate all tax preparation activities for the tax preparer.
• Other duties as assigned
The FM will have the following experience and attributes:
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Finance or Accounting
• Excellent people skills
• Demonstrated experience in financial management and accounting
• Proven effectiveness working with third-party professionals in finance and accounting
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and in accounting on an accrual basis
• Flexible and a self-starter; able to multitask while also being highly detail-oriented.
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to SJA's Catholic mission
About the Employer
St. Joseph Academy was established in response to the Second Vatican Council's call for greater lay witness in contemporary society. Teaching in accordance with the Magisterium of the Church, our mission is to form young men and women who, committed to live by Catholic principles, will transform and advance human culture. We aim to accomplish this by offering a traditional learning environment that blends faith and reason in educating the whole child.
Man was created by God in His image and likeness and therefore is destined for Him who is infinite perfection. In the spirit of the Divine Master, amidst a world of material possession, the mission of St. Joseph Academy is to prepare the child for what he must be and for what he must do here on earth, in order to gain the sublime end for whi