PS/828/H A6 Management Accountant, BCH Management Accounting and Projects
7 days left
- Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Hertfordshire Constabulary as a Management Accountant within a newly formed BCH team providing management accounting and project support to the 3 Forces Collaborated Departments.
The new BCH Management Accounting and Projects Team, comprises 10 posts from across the 3 Forces working together to provide consistent and effective financial management information and advice across a diverse range of collaborated policing functions. Whilst the Head of BCH Management Accounting and Projects is aligned structurally to the Hertfordshire Head of Finance, the team is accountable to all 3 Forces Heads of Finance to enable effective delivery of their collaborative financial duties.
The successful candidate will have experience in financial services, which will be evidenced by a finance related qualification e.g. AAT or part qualified CCAB. They will have knowledge of and demonstrable application of appropriate management accounting techniques and Codes of Practice.
Excellent communication skills that include report writing and presentations are essential, together with a proven ability to problem solve, and be able to work under pressure and to deadlines.
Working closely with Heads of Department and their management teams, the post holder will:
• Provide strategic financial advice, support and management information to Heads of Department and Collaborative Chief Officers
• Lead a small team in providing a management accountancy service to BCH collaborated departments, including preparation of and management of budgets in accordance with corporate guidelines (annual and medium term)
• Promote internal review and challenge with a view to driving efficiency and productivity improvements
• Provide costings for business cases
• Ensure accounts for Collaborative depts. are closed on an accurate and timely basis at the year end as a part of Forces corporate closedown arrangements
The successful candidate will be based at Hertfordshire Police Headquarters in Welwyn Garden City, but due to the collaborative nature of the work, will be required to travel regularly to other sites across the 3 Forces (using their own vehicle with business insurance arranged by the individual)
The post is a full time permanent role (37 hours, Monday to Friday).
For the purposes of the application you will be expected to provide evidence against the personal qualities and entry requirements as stipulated in the role profile below:
- We are collaborative
- We deliver, support and inspire
- We analyse critically
- We are innovative and open minded
If you are shortlisted for interview you will be expected to evidence against all personal qualities and the entry requirements.
Further information on the post can be obtained from Alison Sharkey, Head of Management Accounting and Projects on 07710 381444 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
**Please note that this advert will be live to redeployees through out the recruitment of this advert. Any redeployee that applies will only need to evidence against the minimum entry requirements of the role profile. They will take priority over other candidates at any point during the recruitment process up until a final offer is produced and you will be notified if this happens.**