1 day left
- Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Pension Accountant to join our public sector client in Bexley.
Our client provides shared support services for 3 local authorities in London and is committed to and champions equality and diversity in all aspects of employment and service provision.
As a Pensions Accountant you will undertake all accounting for the pension funds, ensuring that senior managers receive correct and consistent financial advice in relation to pensions fund accounting and investment decisions.
- To prepare reports to members, senior stakeholders, the Pension Committees and Pensions Boards
- To provide financial advice and support to the Pension Committees and Pension Boards of the three councils
- Perform cashflow forecasting and risk management of the Pension Fund’s expenditure and income streams
- To support the production of the pensions schemes annual reports
- To carry out all reconciliations of the dedicated pension fund bank account in accordance with regulations and any treasury activity in relation to the fund on a timely and accurate basis
- Provide training to other members of the Finance team in the provision of pension fund accounting and investment activities
Knowledge and Experience
- CIPFA or equivalent qualified accountant or relevant knowledge gained through experience in LGPS finance.
- Knowledge of Pension Fund accounting
- Ability to interpret financial data/information, apply logic and judgement
- Proven proactive approach to work, including identifying and resolving problems/issues
If this exciting role sounds appealing and above details match your experience, apply now and we would be in touch as soon as possible to take this forward.
Apply for Pensions Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly