Interim Head of Finance
Our client, a local authority in South Yorkshire are looking for an Interim Head of Finance for a period of 6 months reporting into the Assistant Director - Financial Services to lead finance business planning and supporting the Children's & Young People's Directorate.
The role will work closely with the Strategic Director - Finance & Customer Services and the Strategic Director of Children's Services to develop the financial plans associated with the delivery of the transformation in demand management. The post holder will report to the Assistant Director – Financial Services.
Key areas of responsibility include;
- Develop new models of finance using performance data to forecast future spending requirements and the development of a robust long term financial strategy for Children’s Services.
- Identify clear objectives for service delivery, including management of risk, and develop and performance manage relevant action plans to ensure effective and efficient implementation
- Lead and drive reform across financial management, challenging existing arrangements, exploring opportunities for new ways of financial investment, whilst ensuring the service is delivering its priorities within budget.
- Support the service to plan, develop and implement service change which will deliver service savings over the Medium Term Financial Strategy period at levels which meet MTFS expectations for Children & Young People’s Services
- Plan, initiate, manage and implement major change initiatives in service delivery which may have a significant impact on either customers, employees or systems ensuring effective risk management and review of subsequent outcomes
- Contribute to the Council’s budget process, advising the senior managers within the directorate and Elected Members on service priorities and implications of budgetary options
You must be CCAB qualified with experience of working in a local authority setting.