Interim Audit and Technical Manager
Our client, a local authority in the North East of England are looking for an Interim Audit and Technical Manager for a period of 3-6 months.
You will be responsible for the leadership and management of the Audit Section, incorporating Audit, Insurance, Risk Management and Fund.
- To manage and develop the section's resources to meet he authority's statutory duties
- The ensure services are delivered to the highest quality standards and to meet the needs of internal and external customers
- To develop, implement and promote risk management and counter fraud policies and procedures across the authority
- Ensure the Audit service meets the requirements of the Public Sector Internal Audit Standards
- Ensure cost effective insurance arrangements are in place to mitigate the council's risk
- Ensure that good governance arrangement including sound systems of internal control are embedded across the council's services
- Ensure good communications with external audit and the Audit Committee and assist with the development of the Audit Committee's role
- Represent the Head of Finance with full authority at meetings, working in groups and external bodies as required
- Contribute to the management of the Finance service through the Finance Management Team
You must be CCAB qualified with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience at a senior level. Local authority audit experience desirable.