Programme Finance Manager - Central Government
Programme Finance Manager – Central Government
£48,892 - £56,805 + £4,000 accountancy allowance
This is an exciting opportunity to deliver three key programmes to accelerate the delivery of super fast and full fibres broadband. These programmes all fall within the Government’s top infrastructure projects to support growth by strengthening the UK’s digital communications capability and forms a key part of the Government’s growth strategy. The post holder will take the lead for finance on one or more GMPP programmes.
• Working with BDUK Programme Director(s) to develop the budget profiles required to successfully manage and deliver each programme, to secure the required funding and manage the spending for each of these.
• Working with other finance managers to manage the operational financial risks.
• Monitoring the reporting of actual expenditure budgets and preparing monthly and quarterly reports on the programme’s overall financial and resourcing position.
• Providing monthly reporting of actual expenditure on both capital and administration budgets and preparing quarterly reports on the team’s overall financial and resourcing position.
• Profiling and estimating of forecast expenditure over the life of the programme, especially for grant funding, working closely with HMT, Local Authorities and the Devolved Administrations.
• Leading on the application of Grant Funding policies and procedures including the collation of evidence to support the authorisation of grant payments and ensuring the prompt payment of grant claims. The post holder will work closely with the Project Directors and others to refine procedures and resolve any issues which may arise.
• Ideally the post holder will be fully qualified, although in exceptional cases BDUK will consider part or non-qualified individuals with previous finance experience who meet the other criteria and would be willing to undertake further training and/or a formal qualification.
• Excellent leadership and management skills
• Good interpersonal skills, including both written and oral communication
• Ability to relay financial information effectively to non-financial managers
• Advanced Excel spreadsheet skills
Please send your CV and supporting statement to Tim Salmon from Allen Lane – Timsalmon@allenlane.co.uk