Financial Strategist - Cabinet Office
Financial Strategist – The Cabinet Office
High-profile roles overseeing the analysis and presentation of financial planning and efficiency information. A key focus of the post-holder’s work is analysing data received from business areas and providing challenge to Director General and Director level budget holders. The post-holder will also design and manage projects which deliver the correct insight to drive Board level discussions and facilitate strategic level decision-making. The post-holder will deliver analysis and insight for strategic planning, fiscal events and stock-takes and oversee timely responses to requests for information from HMT, the Finance Director and Permanent Secretary.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide scrutiny and challenge to Directors General and Directors on financial plans and efficiency plans.
- Lead on ensuring that there is effective collaboration with finance business partners and colleagues in Strategy and HR to ensure a joined-up approach to planning across the corporate teams.
- Chair peer review meetings and present plans at the Executive Committee sub-group meetings.
- Lead on the delivery of Board level papers and information for inclusion in the Single Departmental Plan.
- Lead on the delivery of control totals and funding breakdown to the Estimates Team for main and supplementary estimates.
- Support other fiscal events such as delivery of Efficiency Reviews, Spending Reviews and financial stocktakes.
Key Skills & Experience:
- CCAB, or equivalent, qualified (or with considerable financial/ commercial experience and/or the ability to gain formal CCAB qualifications within a reasonable time.)
- Well-developed communication, presentation and relationship management skills including an ability to engage effectively with multidisciplinary teams.
- A high level of competence in budget management, planning, forecasting and risk identification combined with excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent technical accounting skills across a wide range of financial disciplines and a proven ability to apply them effectively.
- High credibility with senior colleagues and stakeholders and the ability to influence decision-making.
For more information on the role & the Cabinet Office please visit the following site - http://bit.ly/AllenLaneCabinetOffice