Income Accountant Role- £21per hour supporting the Income and PbR Manager to produce the monitoring of activity and income information to collect, account and report.
- Line managing the two support staff, providing support maintaining an oversight of their workload providing assistance as and when required.
- Delivering on a monthly basis to the Senior Income Accountant the Trusts PBR and Non PBR income providing assurance around accuracy. Implement actions where required.
- Recommend, plan and implement improvements.
- Developing and maintain a validation process to demonstrate that continually updating datasets are consistent with prior periods and the final information output is robust.
- Be responsible for the timely output of reports and datasets to Commissioners in line with standard contract requirements.
- Provide and support the year end annual accounts process with working papers on all aspects of income to advise and guide the audit process.
- To have successfully completed AAT Qualified as a minimum or be working towards a professional Accounting qualification.
- In exceptional circumstances qualification by relevant experience may be acceptable.
- Some experience working in the NHS Finance environment, preferably within the Acute Sector, although not essential.
- Some experience of practical exposure to payment by results (PbR) would be an advantage.
- Prior experience of financial systems and/or accounting systems.
- Prior Experience working with SLAM would be an advantage although not essential.
- Practical experience of producing Management information and reports.
- Proven track record of working successfully to tight deadlines.