Southbank Centre is hiring a new Finance Director to report directly to the Chief Commercial Officer and lead the Finance team in directing financial strategies during an exciting period of commercial growth, the creation of a new 3 year strategic plan and major capital projects. This role is executive and trustee facing and will play a key role in developing a new strategic vision for Southbank Centre.
Attracting over 25 million visits a year, Southbank Centre passionately believes the arts have the power to transform lives. The vision is to be the world’s most inspiring centre for the arts by making music, visual arts, dance, performance and literature available to all and to create the world’s leading festival site offering millions of people the opportunity to enjoy, learn and take part. Today the artistic policy is designed around a year-round cycle of festivals based on a range of themes and subjects which span all art forms. Our employees are at the centre of delivering our mission, which is ‘to draw everyone possible to this loved site and captivate them through our unique arts programme and warmth of our welcome’.
The successful candidate will become the figure-head for the Finance team at Southbank Centre, responsible for ensuring the effective management of financial and business planning matters across the organisation, including financial accounting, business partnering and capital project work. You will likely be an experienced Finance Director operating at a similar level and hold experience of delivering commerciality within a not for profit environment.
- A fully qualified accountant – CCAB or equivalent
- Possessing extensive staff management experience with the ability to lead and motivate a high-functioning and fast-paced finance team
- Possessing a previous track record of leading on capital projects and rick management is highly desirable
- A natural communicator, capable of developing close and effective working relationships with a wide range of non-finance and executive stakeholders
- Capable of prioritising complex and heavy workloads under tight deadlines and delivering at pace
- April 29th - Application deadline (CV’s and cover letters to be sent to SouthbankCentre@allenlane.co.uk)
- Before 3rd May - Meeting with Allen Lane
- Weeks commencing 7th & 14th May - interviews with The Southbank Centre
For more information or an informal discussion, please contact Michael Quest at Allen Lane: email@example.com