Deputy Director Finance- Deputy S151
A Local Authority in London have just embarked on a period of change and transformation and due to internal moves they currently have a need for an Interim Deputy S151
- As the Council’s Chief Finance Officer and Deputy Section 151 Officer, you will advise the Corporate Director of Resources on all matters relating to Finance, ), Budget & MTFS, closure of accounts, financial management & monitoring, Treasury & Pensions
- To support the Section 151 Officer in providing stewardship of the Council’s finances and overseeing the management of the Council’s budgets and cash flow.
- To provide leadership and direction to the Finance function to ensure the delivery of the Council’s vision and objectives, demonstrating the behaviors within Council’s leadership competencies to at least advanced level.
- To provide corporate support services that significantly supports the provision of services to the community and the Authority and support the organization during this period of change
- To analyse, interpret and present a range of information and data to formulate corporate policy advice, inform and advise the Senior Management team and provide strategic financial direction.
- To provide professional leadership to finance staff throughout the Council, and to ensure maintenance of high standards of financial management and internal controls systems.
You will have been a Deputy or Director of Finance within a Local Authority and have extensive experience of leading a department through change, deputising for the Director of Resources as and when required.
This is a 6 month assignment and needs someone to be able to start in the next couple of weeks and will be INSCOPE FOR IR35
Apply for Deputy Director Finance- Deputy S151
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly