Interim Tax Manager
Exclusive opportunity for an Interim Tax Manager to join a large, successful public sector organisation who is looking to strengthen its tax function.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone already operating in the public sector, in particular the Education field. This opportunity provides scope to make a real difference to the tax compliance processes for the organisation whilst adding value by implementing tax planning and process efficiencies. For the right individual, if interested there may be the scope to make the role permanent and broaden the role.
The primary focus of the Interim Tax Manager will be to oversee all Tax issues for the organisation, including:
- Leading on key projects such as Making Tax Digital
- Conducting a Risk review
- Checking all VAT, Corporation Tax and Benefit in Kind compliance returns and payments before submission
- Partial exemption calculations
- VAT grouping
- Charitable zero-ratings
- International tax
- Calculating and advising on the reverse charge and acquisition tax
- Optimising VAT savings on property and calculating the capital goods scheme
- Raising awareness throughout the organisation, identifying areas where more focus is needed
- Looking for opportunities to minimise the tax bill for the organisation and its subsidiaries while maintaining legal and moral obligations
- Identifying tax knowledge gaps; sourcing and delivering appropriate training where appropriate
- Being the first point of contact regarding Tax queries from the organisation
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience and knowledge of Tax and VAT within a large, complex public sector organisation, including knowledge of partial exemption and Making Tax Digital
- CTA or CCAB qualified desirable, however individuals who are qualified by experience will be considered
- Knowledge of tax in accounting systems is desirable
- Personable and able to build relationships across the organisation at all levels
- An eye for detail whilst remaining aware of the strategic objectives of the organisation
- Able to operate with autonomy and manage own workload
Part time will be considered.
For more information on this exciting opportunity, please apply now or contact Nikki Kinsey at Sellick Partnership for immediate consideration.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice.