Sellick Partnership are actively recruiting for an Accountant on a Fixed Term Contract basis, to join the Manchester team
The role requires a candidate to provide advice on a range of financial policies and procedures, utilising technical knowledge within a financial environment to resolve procedural queries from across the organisation; and carry out complex technical financially related activities with guidance from senior colleagues.
Key responsibilities of the Accountant:
- Complete complex financially related technical activities, utilising knowledge of financial procedures, to provide technical specialist support to the business
- Support the Financial Controller and Management Accountant in the implementation of business planning and budget processes
- Respond to requests from various stakeholders, providing specialist financial advice in order to deliver the information and/or their requirements
- Manage financial data repositories and systems, and independently collate and analyse data using tools, methods and techniques to produce reports to support the decision making process
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement in the use of Dynamics 365Financial System
- Work with non-finance business teams to support them in monitoring and forecasting activity, and understand the operating environment
- Support the Financial and Management Accountant in the delivery of monthly analysis packs for the financial Controller and budget holders providing analysis and financial commentary
- Support the production of the statutory accounts by ensuring the accurate and timely recording of transactions within the financial system
- Support the production of statutory reports for government requests, and transparency reports through accurate and timely recording and collation of transactions
Required skills and experience of Accountant
- AAT Qualified, or working towards a professional accountancy qualification
- Experience of processes and procedures within financial and/or management accounting
- Ability to communicate/present complex information concisely and to a non-technical audience
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong problem solving skills
This is fantastic opportunity to join a company with a fast-paced competitive culture. Our client also offers excellent pension, holidays and additional benefits.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Accountant role, please apply now, or contact Stephanie Tasker at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice.