Morgan Law are currently working with a Local Authority based in Hampshire. They are looking to recruit a Management Accountant. The role be paying up £34,000 p/annum.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- To provide a fully proactive financial management advice service to allocated service managers and their Head of Service.
- To arrange and attend meetings, as appropriate, to ensure a consistent approach to budget management, using clear and appropriate language.
- For your allocated service areas, prepare the monthly monitoring reports.
- In conjunction with your service managers, project outturn actual to budget for the year, including appropriate accruals and adjustments.
- Prepare reasons for relevant variances.
- Initiate and prepare relevant financial data in support of accruals and adjustments. Update as required throughout the year.
- To ensure all transactions are accurate and comply with best practice and accounting standards. Identify any errors and correct.
- In accordance with appropriate procedures, record any budget changes, for example virements.
- Support service managers with financial implications of service changes or proposals. Advise on the impact on the accounts.
The ideal candidate will be AAT qualified and wanting to progress their qualification to ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA and have experience of working as an Assistant accountant. The ideal candidate will also have experience of working in a profession environment and understand the basic accountancy principles. The ideal candidate will also ideally have experience of business partnering
If this role sounds of interest and you have the correct skill set, then Silvester on 0207 747 7543.