I am pleased to be supporting an innovative public-private partnership in their current search for a Financial Controller. The organisation, an EU initiative, is currently working towards creating a zero-carbon economy through working with various partners in the worlds of business, academia and public and not-for-profit sectors.
As the Financial Controller, you will report directly into the Chief Financial Officer and will support and drive the organisation’s finances and performance in line with annual business plans and longer terms goals set by the executive team.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing the monthly CFO report and other financial information for assigned funds;
- Coordinating, preparing and auditing of the consolidated Groups and individuals companies;
- Preparing and managing the timetable for preparation and audit of the financial statements;
- Performing high level review of local companies and financial statements prepared by local teams;
- Reviewing quarterly and monthly VAT reports for all legal entities;
- Working with external suppliers and internal stakeholders to implement a finance systems;
- Identifying areas where processes could be improved and implementing relevant changes where appropriate.
This is an exciting time to be joining this organisation; the organisation is growing significantly and so there will be a wide range of activities to deliver on. The role isn’t for the status conscious and you be an individual who will be inspired by being part of creating opportunities, improving processes and wants to make a difference in their job.
The successful applicant will be a fully-qualified Accountant with at least five years post-qualification experience. You will come from a range of sectors including Audit, practice, public sector or commercial sectors. Applicants will have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to be able to interpret large volumes of data within a short timescale. You will be a confident individual who can communicate effectively and does not shy away from challenging conversations and the need to influence others. Finally, you will take an interest in challenging assumptions and processes and enjoy working in a changing and progressive environment.