Finance Business Partner / Assistant
2 days left
- Full Time
Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you’re looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council.
We are recruiting for 2 posts for our Finance Department. Depending on your career level and current qualifications, the candidates will be appointed Assistant Finance Business Partner or Finance Business Partner, and will be supported through career progression.
These roles are career graded, and will either report into the Finance Business Partner or the Senior Finance Business Partner. The successful candidates will assist in delivering strategic financial advice and support to the People directorate through the provision of accounting, financial management and financial reporting services.
The People directorate has a budget of £117m, 65% of Milton Keynes Council’s overall general fund budget. These roles will have an opportunity to work across a variety of areas within the Directorate including Adult Social Care, Children and Families, Public Health and Schools.
This is a great time to join the People Directorate Finance Team as we are going through a period of transformation and this is a key role in supporting the changes ahead.
This opportunity offers excellent career progression, with the ability to progress into a Finance Business Partner role upon completion of CIPFA of CCAB qualification.
Applications from either part qualified or qualified candidates are welcome and will be reflected in the starting salary.
In addition to contributing to core finance functions (such as revenue and capital monitoring, reporting and closure of accounts), the successful applicant will:
- Participate and support in the development of the Medium Term Financial Plan and implementing options to achieve a balanced budget.
- Analyse and interpret complex financial and non-financial information.
- Support business developments and projects, including considering the financial impact of changes within the service
Experience, Qualifications and any Mandatory Requirements
- Part qualified (CIPFA, ACCA, CIMA or ACA).
- Commitment to continue to study to achieve full accounting qualification.
- Minimum 2-year experience working with a finance environment.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Highly numerate, attention to detail, thoroughness and accuracy.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Proactive in identifying opportunities for change.
- Ability to communicate numerical information in an easy to understand manner.
Milton Keynes Council Benefits
Use your skills to benefit the local community and experience a rewarding, interesting environment and attractive employment package such as:
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates
- A generous minimum holiday entitlement of 27 days per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Option to buy more annual leave
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Excellent in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management
- Flexibility – with full time, part time and term time working options
- Fair pay and a commitment to a minimum Living Wage
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings including retail, travel and leisure discounts as well as a suite of salary sacrifice benefits
- Study support to achieve CIPFA or CCAB qualification
To apply, please upload your covering letter and CV which must include a detailed career history with no gaps, on the Milton Keynes Council Careers website https://goo.gl/JdbAeW via the Apply button below.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 25th March 2018
At Milton Keynes Council we take great pride in our Community and we hope that you can help us grow and share our vision.