Coomera Anglican College is a leading Preparatory to Year 12 co-educational day school with a student enrolment of more than 1400 students. Established in 1997, Coomera Anglican College is located at the northern end of the Gold Coast. The College Purpose is to inspire excellence in teaching, learning, service and faith.
This is a newly created opportunity for an experienced Financial Controller to join the College on a full-time basis.
- Provide support to the Business Manager in all aspects of the financial management of the College
- Maintain accurate accounting records and produce timely monthly financial reporting in accordance with GAAP
- Develop and monitor annual budgets
- Prepare financial forecasts as required
- Ensure compliance with all College and statutory financial requirements
- Monitor all financial systems with a view to continuous improvement
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the accounts department and payroll, including outsourced providers
- Maintain appropriate records of Fixed Assets.
- Seek opportunities to apply for grants and prepare grant applications
- Ensure policies and procedures are implemented and updated as required
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have:
- At least 5 years of experience in a relevant role. Previous school experience would be highly regarded although not essential for the role.
- Formal Tertiary Qualifications as well as CPA/CA
- Strong organisational, negotiation and communication skills
- An excellent understanding of business processes
- An ability to plan and prioritise work to ensure timelines are achieved
- Impeccable attention to detail
- a current Working with Children check (Blue Card) or are able to apply
In addition, you must be willing to commit to the Anglican ethos and support the values and culture of the College.
What you will get in return:
- Attractive remuneration
- See the impact of your work directly on the College
- Collaborative and inclusive environment