Day-to-day oversight of accounting functions related to grants, financial reporting, and record-keeping of authorize grant spend against approved grants.
- Oversees and is accountable for the accurate entry of standard and monthly grant accounting activities, including A/P and A/R activities.
- Maintains currency with and compliance with all regulations applicable to grants and cooperative agreements.
- Accountable for assisting the Manager in monthly, quarterly, and annual closings and reporting of results.
- Leads grant close outs at the conclusion of the grants and provides all required reporting.
- Leads or directs the completion of complex financial analysis and reporting to support management initiatives, support grant proposals, responds to donor /governmental inquiries, and the provision of actionable information for management.
- Provides work direction and establishes priorities to ensure the timely and accurate completion of accounting responsibilities to an assigned staff.
- Leads annual and grantor defined audits and prepares schedules for external validation.
- Reviews and approves payment requests.
Desired Candidate Profile
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting is required English section.
- Minimum six years experience accounting or financial.
- 3 years of recent Grant Accounting Experience or Budgeting in a non-profit, association, or government agency.
- 1 years of supervisory experience.
- A thorough understanding of grants billing process.
- Strong communication skills and organizational skills.