Senior Finance Manager
I am pleased to be supporting one of the largest NHS Trusts in the country which currently serves over one million patients across London and internationally. The Trust is also one of the UK’s 11 academic health science centres and focuses a lot of attention on healthcare research for its patients and education excellence.
Following a recent departure within the finance team, the opportunity has arisen for a Senior Finance Manager to join the Surgery, Cancer and Cardiovascular clinical finance team. You will be responsible for over £300m worth of income. The role will be supporting your Finance Business Partner and your Divisional Operational Directors through a significant period of change and at a financially-challenged time for the NHS.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading on reporting the monthly Divisional financial position to your Finance Business Partner including CIPs and income and expenditure forecast;
- Coordinating the budget setting for your Division, providing quality assurance on the annual plans of Directorates;
- Providing a high quality analytical and planning service to your Division;
- Resolving Division-wide queries and reviewing necessary business cases;
- Deputising, where necessary, for your Finance Business Partner at Divisional meetings and during the reporting and planning process.
The successful applicant will be a CCAB-qualified accountant with significant post-qualification experience in financial management and reporting. You will ideally come from within a small NHS Trust at the same level, looking to make a move to a large NHS Trust. But you may also come from the wider public sector or commercial sectors. Applicants will have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to be able to interpret high volumes of data within a short timescale. A strong ability to understand and communicate complex financial information across to peers and the senior management team is essential and you should have the ability to be able to negotiate on controversial issues. You will also demonstrate a background of improving processes and driving through change in a fast-paced environment.
Please send your CV and supporting statement to Charlotte Smith from Allen Lane at email@example.com.