Strategic Finance Manager
Salary/Grade: £48,489 - £59,523 HMG3 – HMG2 (Career graded)
Permanent, 36 hours per week
Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
Finance at the London Borough of Hounslow has undergone an extensive transformation and we have radically changed the way we provide our finance support services to all our internal and external stakeholders.
The Hounslow finance function has completed a major upgrade of the finance systems making the service more automated and system based, allowing finance managers to focus on supporting directorates to understand the financial impact of decisions, delivering service efficiencies and new more commercial ventures.
We have two finance manager vacancies that have arisen as a result of internal promotions and development;
Strategic Finance Manager, Delivering Change and Transformation
- horizon scanning and planning to deliver future proofed budgets and financial support
- developing new ways of working and creating beneficial change in organisational and departmental policy, procedure and process
- implementing financial process and policy change and embedding cultural change.
Strategic Finance Manager, Supporting front line Service transformation and efficiencies
- leading on Departmental annual financial cycles. Budget monitoring, setting and year-end closedown
- implementing financial process and policy change and embedding cultural change
- communicating complex information and financial forecasting to all stakeholders.
This is your opportunity to take on an exciting and challenging role in a progressive organisation that invests in developing its own workforce. You will be responsible for providing comprehensive strategic finance support to senior managers and members across the Council.
To be suitable for the role you need to be proactive, flexible and customer focused, with the ability to influence and communicate with senior management. You will be a qualified accountant at a minimum. Proven experience of management accounting within a complex organisation is desirable however local government experience is not essential.
To view the Hounslow Employee Benefits, Job Description and Employee Specification please visit our website.
Closing Date: 19th February 2018
Interviews will be held on 1st March 2018