My client a housing association in Greater London is looking to recruit an Income Officer. The role will pay £23,500 per annum.
The post holder will be responsible for the delivery of income management across Supported Housing (Sheltered, Learning Disabilities and Foyers) minimising the loss of income by taking prompt and appropriate action to recover debts.
- Monitoring rent payments and lead on the recovery of current and former resident arrears, including attending court / evictions. Providing assistance to tenants to resolve or prevent housing debts.
- Working with residents, advocates, Court of Protection, Supported Housing Officers, Project Workers and other agencies to maximise tenants' income and prevent rent arrears building up.
- Following arrears procedures and where relevant take legal action and attend County Court hearings.
- Pursue recovery of debt from former tenants and prepare reports for write off as needed.
- Maintaining a good relationship with Housing Benefit departments, ensuring relevant information is provided and in dealing with overpayment/backdating requests.
- Liaising and assisting the Service Charge team in the calculation of the annual rent increase and service charges for supported housing tenants.
If you have the relevant skills and experience, then please do not hesitate to apply for this role.