Qualified Management & Budget Accountant
The Qualified Management & Budget Accountant will support the budget holders in better understanding their financial information
Purpose of Role
- Support budget holders in better understanding their financial information
- Produce management accounts to internal deadlines.
- Prepare and file VAT return
- Work alongside the Financial Controller to support project accounting.
- Manage and develop the finance team responsible for day-to-day accounting processes.
- To prepare the management accounts (including balance sheet and cash flow statement) and related management information with appropriate commentaries on a monthly basis, and on other frequencies as required by the organisations management reporting deadlines. Reports will be supplied to the senior management team, Finance and other committees including Wales and Scotland.
- To complete monthly bank reconciliations. Prepared and post accruals, prepayment and other nominal ledger journals
- Prepare mid-year budget reforecast
Produce monthly cost centre reports, carry out variance analysis and investigate budget variance by liaising with budget holders on a regular basis.
- To oversee the administration of legacy income, ensuring that all notifications and subsequent communications are appropriately recorded and accounted for on a regular basis.
- To develop and instigate new processes and procedures as appropriate for our management reporting and planning in conjunction with SMT and the Finance team.
- To work with the Finance team to provide training to all staff on finance policies and procedures as appropriate.
- To work with the Financial Controller to update the financial policies, procedures and controls.
- Produce periodic project accounts in line with funders’ expectations and requirements.
- Maintain the Fixed Asset register and the chart of accounts.
- To prepare and file the group VAT return including annual adjustment
- To support budget holders in better understanding their financial management information and in preparing financial forecasts and business cases. To include regular meetings with managers to discuss and support their needs.
Knowledge, skills and expertise (person spec)
- Strong oral communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft products and databases, particularly Excel
- High standard and accuracy of written work.
- Ability to prioritise, manage own work load and meet tight deadlines
- Familiarity with SUN and Q&A financial software
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Experience of finance within a charity.
- Experience in producing, forecasts in environments with multiple budget holders.
- Experience of VAT in charities.
- Experience in project accounting.
- Experience of dealing with senior managers.Experience in delivering training to non-finance individuals
- Qualified (CCAB) with an understanding of charity accounting.