Strategic Finance Business Partner (FS1030)
Following a promotion to the Regional Education Improvement Service - an exciting opportunity has arisen for a post within the Accountancy team at Newport City Council. Responsible for leading and managing a team of accountancy staff in the provision of financial advisory service, primarily to the Education and Schools Service Department, this post will formally report to the Assistant Head of Finance, but will also have a reporting relationship with the Director of People within the Council. Working on the biggest single budget area of the Council, the post is a key member of the 'People Board', Education, and Accountancy Management Teams. The post also works on regional and All Wales groups, as needed.
It provides genuine significant scope to further develop your career, both professionally and personally. The postholder will:
- Take a lead role in financial strategic planning and ensuring the Council's MTFP and change/efficiency programmes are robust and supportable in areas supported;
- liaise with head teachers and other schools forums;
- ensure schools, officers, management teams and members are provided with high quality strategic advice and direction to make well-informed decisions that will have a financial impact on the Council;
- play a lead role in supporting change programmes/projects, and identifying and securing new funding streams;
- ensure robust and consistent financial management practices are in place within the group of services supported;
- ensure the successful delivery of the accountancy operating model;
- take part in Regional and All Wales work and projects;
- deputising for the Head of Finance/Assistant Head of Finance as required.
Applicants will be required to be CCAB qualified with post qualification experience, preferably in Local Government Finance. This challenging yet rewarding role will see you working alongside Schools and Education providing strategic advice on the ongoing budget and specific projects including the continued implementation of the 21st Schools Capital Programme. If you wish to discuss please contact Owen James (Assistant Head of Finance) on 01633 210874.
Closing Date: 26th January 2018