Project Manager - Implementation of Income Management system.
A local authorities main Income Management System( Perception ) is no longer supported and a project is now in implementation to replace this with AIM .Both are Capita systems.
An outdated version of AIM is being used for Revenue and Benefits and this will also be replaced with the new AIM system .The current R&Bs AIM system is provided through an existing contract for Revenues with Capita- and includes hosting of a server and support and maintenance- . The new AIM system will be provided through Capita’s S Cloud – and a new support and maintenance agreement will be in place that will replace the provision currently covered through the Revenues contract.
Alongside the implementation of AIM – the project also includes implementation of Pay.net and Call Secure – both Capita products. Pay.net facilitates on line and telephone payments and Call Secure provides a full PCI compliant solution for payments taken by agents.
Additionally the council has decided to reduce the number of bank accounts used as part of implementation of the new AIM system – as this will help optimise the benefits that can be achieved from the new system. The Banking contract has recently been retendered and provision remains with Nat West – actions to commence the reduction to bank accounts was delayed until the outcome of the tender – but there is now a need work implementation to commence urgently. The new Aim system is due to go live on 4 April 2018 – and this is the date that bank rationalisation is also planned to go live .
A dedicated project manager has been assigned to the project – and we are looking for a full time project manager to lead implementation of all aspects of the project – achieve successful go live by 4 April and to be available for project review, snagging and project wrap up after go live
The project has developed good momentum and the go live date of 4 April is a critical date as it coincides with main billing for Council Tax and Business Rates and the start of a new financial year- we need the project to be managed so that this live date is achieved and therefore the project manager must have sufficient knowledge and experience of Income Management in the context of a large London Local Authority – and be able to quickly take over and maintain momentum.
Key skills and experience required
- Experience of managing complex financial projects – ideally involving Oracle R12 and Income Management replacement ( to include Council tax and Business Rates ) and understanding of interfaces with third party systems ( Abacus/ Aim ( Adult Social Care ) Northgate ( Housing , Revenues and Benefits )
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of ERP financial systems –ideally Oracle R12
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Income Management systems – ideally AIM
- Experience of changing banking provider or rationalising bank accounts in a Local Authority setting
- Knowledge and understanding of financial controls and experience in the context of a complex planned change
- Demonstrable stakeholder management and engagement
- Demonstrable contract /; supplier management / engagement
- Proven experience of managing high performing project teams and motivating and supporting project team players
- Excellent communication skills – able to adapt approach appropriately – as will be engaging with all levels of the organisation and numerous stakeholders
- Experience of facilitating process and behaviour change following implementation of system changes .
Apply for Project Manager - Implementation of Income Management system.
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly