Healthcare Development Manager
The Government of Montserrat is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons for the post of Healthcare Development Manager within the Ministry of Health and Social Services.
Scope of Works
With support from the United Kingdom Department for International Development, the Government of Montserrat has commissioned a health system and financing review of the health sector.
The Healthcare Development Manager will play a critical role in coordinating the implementation of recommendations from the Health Systems and Financing review. This will include the drafting of and discussion and implementation of a new health strategy, as well as corresponding action plans for various areas in the health system, including planning health human resources and financing. The post holder will then go on to coordinate the activities related to the development of a fit for purpose modern hospital.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate multiple, essential, high priority projects of the Ministry of Health and Social Services, including the drafting of a new health system strategy and health financing plan.
- Coordinate activities related to the development of the Business Case for the New Glendon Hospital Development.
- Coordinate the implementation of recommendations from the Health System and Financing in keeping with the MOHSS Strategic Plan.
- Coordinate activities and information dissemination between Ministry of Health and Social Services, Programme Management Unit of the MOFEM Infrastructure Board, DFID and other relevant stakeholders on the New Glendon Hospital Development.
- Prepare and disseminate quarterly and annual reports against the agreed work plans highlighting the achievements, successes and challenges.
- Serve as the focal point in Ministry of Health and Social Services on preparatory work for the New Glendon Hospital Development.
- Provide support to the non-infrastructure teams established by the MoHSS to support improvement in the quality of care and service delivery in key strategic areas of the Ministry of Health and Social Services i.e. Health Financing, Organizational Management and Improvement, Electronic Health Information System, Medical Equipment, Emergency Preparedness and Response, Care of the Elderly and prevention and improvement in the management of Non-Communicable Diseases.
- Review work plans, timeframes and milestones relative to each non- infrastructure teams’ functions and provide a coordinated plan for efficient and effective delivery of services.
- Attend GOM Infrastructure Board Committee meetings and report on infrastructure projects in conjunction with Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Health and Social Services.
Person Specification/Key Skills Requirements (Qualifications, Experience and Interpersonal):
Minimum qualifications include:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Health Care Management, Public Health, or a related field.
- Relevant experience in health care planning, health care management and/or public health.
- Experience in Health Economics or Health Financing
- Training and experience in Project Management is essential
- Sound knowledge of budgeting and planning procedures
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational managerial and leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Flexibility to address unexpected & challenging issues
- Familiarity with Microsoft Project would be desirable
Terms of Appointment
Appointment will be made on a contractual basis for a period of two (2) years.
The total remuneration package for the post of Healthcare Development Manager is EC$250,000.00 (taxable) per annum.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Detailed Terms of Reference for the Healthcare Development Manager can be obtained from the following link at http://psru.gov.ms/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Healthcare-Development-Manager-1-8-17.pdf
Application forms can be obtained from the Government of Montserrat’s website at www.jobs.gov.ms (click on ‘Jobs with the Government of Montserrat’) or by contacting the Human Resources Management Unit, Brades, Montserrat by
e-mail to email@example.com or by telephone at (+664) 491-2365/2444 or by fax at (+664) 491-6234.
To apply send your completed application form or curriculum vitae with a recent police certificate/record and a cover letter with the names of at least two referees to the Human Resources Management Unit by December 15, 2017.