The Government of Montserrat is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons for the post of AUDIT MANAGER, Internal Audit Unit within the Ministry of Finance and Economic Management.
To assist in the management of the Internal Audit Team and undertake audit assignments as directed by the Chief Internal Auditor with the objective to improve internal control and mitigating risk within the Government of Montserrat and associated Statutory Bodies.
Key Responsibilities will include:
Assisting the Chief Internal Auditor in the strategic and operational audit planning process.
Undertaking detailed audit assignments and risk based system audits as directed by the Chief Internal Auditor.
Making pragmatic recommendations for improvements to the system of internal control.
Maintaining working papers in compliance with the International Internal Auditing Standards and the GOM Internal Audit Manual.
Preparing draft reports in conclusion to the assigned audits and present these to Accounting Officers to provide feedback before finalisation and agreed action plan for the implementation of recommendations.
Monitoring the follow up process concerning implementation status of recommendations.
Acting as Chief Internal Auditor during periods of absence.
Facilitating risk management workshops to assist management identify, categorise, measure and mitigate business, financial and operational risks throughout the Government of Montserrat. Prepare risk assessment reports in conclusion to the exercises.
Contributing to the continuous development of the internal audit function by undertaking research into new working practices, attending relevant courses and undertaking academic studies to further knowledge in the sector.
Supervise and supporting staff in their professional development and in undertaking their assigned tasks.
Leading an audit team planning and preparing audit programmes for the delivery of specific tasks.
Carrying out any other tasks as may be assigned by the Chief Internal Auditor.
Qualifications and Experience
The applicants should:
- Be qualified in a professional accountancy qualification (CAAB – (ACCA, CAI, CIPFA, ICAEW, ICAS) or equivalent accounting qualification) or a member of the Institute of Internal Auditors (MIIA)
- Have accumulated knowledge of internal control protocols, accounting systems, and contract management and information systems.
- Have 3 years recent practical working experience in an audit or accounting environment preferably with at least 1 year at a senior level.
- Have a university degree in related field.
- Have a working knowledge of Smart Stream and other Accounting systems.
- Be objective when completing the work and drawing conclusions.
- Understand business strategy.
- Have the ability to work alone as well as part of a team and have the ability to learn quickly.
- Be persuasive and assertive when selling recommendations to clients
- Be able to promote a confident approach when dealing with Senior Officials
Terms of Appointment
Appointment will be made on a Permanent or Contractual basis.
The total remuneration package for the post of Audit Manager is EC$180,000.00 (taxable) per annum.
Travel – EC$9,600 per annum
Application forms can be obtained from the Government of Montserrat’s website at www.jobs.gov.ms (click on ‘Jobs with the Government of Montserrat’) or by contacting the Human Resources Management Unit, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (+664) 491-2365/2444 or by fax at (+664) 491-6234.
To apply send your completed application form or curriculum vitae with a recent police certificate/record and a cover letter with the names of at least two referees to the Human Resources Management Unit by December 15, 2017