Tax Advisor, Mentor and Coach
2 days left
- Full Time
The MCRS is desirous of engaging an experience person for the post of Tax Advisor, Mentor and Coach for the Inland Revenue Division with focus on the administration of direct taxes such as Income Tax, Company Tax, and Withholding Tax. Knowledge and experience in the administration of Property Tax would also be an asset.
Montserrat is now also part of the global tax community and part of the OECD and Global Forum activities and have entered into many Tax Information Exchange agreements with countries around the world. The MCRS’s ability to provide timely and accurate information is essential to our commitments under FATCA, IGA and CRS. This is one of the driving force behind the ongoing efforts to computerize the administration and collection of all direct taxes. Therefore, there is now the urgent need to raise the competencies of all staff and thus the equally urgent need to engage a suitably qualified and experience Tax Advisor Mentor and Coach.
CANDIDATES QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE PROFILE
A qualified/ certified tax professional with:
- At least ten (10) years’ experience at management level of one, or more, of the following- the assessment, collection and enforcement of Direct Taxes such as Income Tax, Company Tax and Withholding Tax.
- Knowledge and experience in administration of Property Tax would be an asset.
- Experience and expertise in the training, mentoring and coaching.
- Proven ability to advise on taxation policy and administration;
- Experience of forecasting and estimating revenue from taxation;
- Formal qualifications in accounts or finance would be an advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills developed in a political environment, including team-working, communicating and negotiating skills;
- Be proficient in the use of computers and the use of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENGAGEMENT
The terms and conditions applicable for this appointment include:
- A commencing appointment in 2017 for a period of two (2) years; and
- The total remuneration package for the post of Tax Advisor is EC$250,000.00 (taxable) per annum dependent on experience.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Detailed Terms of Reference for the Tax Advisor can be obtained from the following link at http://psru.gov.ms/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ToR-Tax-Advisor-updated-1-12-17.pdf
HOW TO APPLY
Application forms can be obtained from our website at www.gov.ms - (click on ‘Forms’) or by contacting the Human Resource Management Unit, Office of the Deputy Governor, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone at (+664) 491 2365/2444 or by fax (+664) 491 6234.
Applicants must provide all of the following information:
- A completed Application Form with a covering letter;
- A comprehensive curriculum vitae with full particulars of experience, and copies of relevant academic qualifications;
- A clear statement detailing why in the applicant’s view he/she considers him/herself well qualified for the position;
- Two letters of reference with full contact details of the referees; and
(NOTE: Original certificates of qualifications or official notarized copies will be requested from those invited to interview).
Completed application forms must be returned to the Human Resources Management Unit either by email, or by fax or by ordinary mail. These should be addressed to the Chief Human Resources Officer, Human Resource Management Unit, Government Headquarters, Brades, Montserrat.
The deadline for the receipt of applications is December 15, 2017.