Accountant- Children’s Social Care
7 days left
- Full Time
An exciting opportunity to join the finance team to transform the way services are delivered in Oldham. The role will be that of a finance business partner enabling services to instigate, design and implement change by providing financial advice, modelling and assurance functions to ensure innovative solutions for the borough of Oldham and Greater Manchester. The role is a generic post but will be initially based within Children’s Social Care which is part of the Health and Wellbeing Directorate.
• Provision of professional financial advice in developing solutions
• Financial modelling and business cases for service delivery options
• Support and advice to ensure the long term sustainability of the council
• Liaising with internal and external customers and suppliers
• Contributing to the medium term financial planning and management of the council including supporting the production of the statement of accounts.
To succeed in this role you will need as a minimum:
• Experience of working with financial implications to support decision making
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent organisational skills and an ability to plan ahead to achieve deadlines.
Oldham Council is a leading Local Authority; shortlisted for the Local Government Chronicle Council of the Year 2014 and described as “an ambitious and effective Council” by the Local Government Association. We want people who share our values and can deliver for the Borough of Oldham. To find out more about who we are, what we do and why you should join us please visit our dedicated careers pages where you will also find useful guidance on how best to complete the application form: http://www.oldham.gov.uk/info/200270/working_at_the_council
To view further information and to apply for this position please click the apply link to be directed to our website.
We welcome applications from residents of Oldham as part of our campaign to Get Oldham Working. For more information please visit http://www.oldham.gov.uk/get oldham working
Closing date: 20th December 2017