Financial Strategy Manager - Local Government (Part Time)
Allen Lane are pleased to be working with a Local Authority to recruit a Financial Strategy Manager on a part time basis to join their central finance department. The successful candidate will play a key role in preparation of the council’s Medium Term Financial Strategy. Working with the Head of Finance, you will use your expertise to review current budget setting and monitoring processes, enhancing where possible. Supporting the senior leadership team and s151 Officer you will need to work in meetings with both financial and non-financial stakeholders.
As such, key objectives include;
- Line management of up to 3 FTEs within the financial strategy and reporting team
- Control and coordination of the Medium Term Financial Planning and detailed budget setting process for reporting to Council Committees and senior officers
- Analysis of grant settlements and forecasting of income from Council Tax, Business Rates, Grants and other sources
- Responding to consultations and assess the financial impact of new legislation as required
- Production of Collection Fund accounts and forecasting for Sutton or Kingston Council
This is a great role for a CCAB qualified Accountant with previous experience in developing the preparation of the MTFS for a local authority. Flexibility in your attitude will be key, as alongside strategic work you will be required to do some hands on technical work when required. The position will involve management of a small team.
If you would like an opportunity to get involved in a changing environment and are keen to improve current processes then this will be a good position for you. Please note that due to the urgent time frames on this post applications will be reviewed prior to closing date and as such immediate application is recommended.