Assistant Finance manager
Assistant Finance manager
City Hall, 64 Victoria Street, SW1E 6QP
Be where it all happens.
Based in the heart of the Capital, we are seeking an Assistant Finance Manager in our Adult Social Care Finance team. You will need to be a qualified accountant or CCAB finalist, with an understanding of finance business partnering, preferably with a background in Adult Social Care finance.
You should have experience of successfully contributing to managing, setting and monitoring budgets for services including development of integrated costings systems and methodologies and working with budget holders to re-balance overspends.
We are looking for someone with experience in commercial and financial management in a multi-disciplinary environment, financial modelling, contributing to research and analysis, preparing reports that are clear and accessible to various audiences, looking for opportunities to demonstrate best practice.
For a talented management accountant and aspiring Finance Manager, it is an amazing challenge and an incredible opportunity. Help build a best-in-class service and we will give you the training and development to build an impressive career.
We are looking for leading-edge financial and commercial management, supported by robust analysis. You will make sure that is the case by championing best practice and a culture of high performance. At the same time, you will enhance your skills, gaining valuable experience.
Specifically, you will:
- Be a partner to service budget managers, forging relationships with them and help them deliver their financial and operational responsibilities
- Provide a best-in-class financial service
- Help us to transform and navigate our medium-term financial challenges by providing sound, strategic advice
- Support the closure of accounts for relevant teams; check income and expenditure accounts are accurate; and see that balance sheets are reconciled
- Model and help to embed the council’s values and behaviours, working collaboratively with managers and services across the council to help deliver the council’s objectives and priorities, maintaining plans and processes.
If you have the drive and determination to succeed, if you are as productive as you are ambitious and collaborative as you are enterprising, this is your chance to take real ownership of your work, right in the heart of iconic Westminster, a true ‘City for All’. This is a unique place where it all happens. And where it could all happen for you.
Closing Date: 10th of December 2017
Westminster is an agile employer – trusting our people to work where, when and how to best meet the needs of our residents. We positively welcome applications from talented individuals who want flexible working conditions.