Executive Director, Finance and Operations
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join Ambition School Leadership in a newly created post as Executive Director, Finance and Operations based in their central London office.
Twelve months ago, Ambition School Leadership was formed from the merger of Teaching Leaders and The Future Leaders Trust. The post-merger integration is now complete it is time to develop a new strategic direction for Ambition School Leadership over the next five years. The organisation has an excellent platform to build from, with over 10 years history in the predecessor organisations and currently working with over 1,500 schools in challenging contexts, training 1,000 school leaders each year and holding a network of over 200 Heads and a wide number of strategic partners across the sector and corporate supports including Bloomberg and Fidelity.
The successful candidate will be responsible for strategically strengthening the organisation’s ongoing sustainability and impact. Reporting to the CEO, this role will lead a Finance Director and newly created Technology Director role, as well as leading the operations teams. The role will manage relationships with key DFE stakeholders for the flagship contracts and also report to the Finance Committee and the Remuneration Committee, and attend the full Board.
We are seeking:
- A proven track record of cross-functional leadership
- ‘Customer-focused’ approach and strong communication skills for internal and external relationships
- Strong commitment to the cause of the organisation and an understanding of the educational landscape in England
- Excellent operational leader with relevant technical knowledge
- Outstanding financial skills (qualified accountant or demonstrably equivalent experience)
- Suited to leading a fast-changing, multi-site organisation
- Application deadline: 3rd December (however early applications are welcomed)
- 1st stage interviews: 8th December
- 2nd stage interviews: week commencing 11th December
If you would like to be sent the candidate pack or discuss in more detail, please contact Michael Quest on firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 3031 9638.
In order to apply, you will need to submit a CV and covering letter, detailing your suitability and motivations, to ASL@allenlane.co.uk.