My client a health organisation in North London is looking to recruit a Capital Accountant. The role will pay £26 an hour.
The post holder will also be responsible for the management of relevant relationships internally and externally (including outsourced providers), calculation of depreciation and capital charges, and forecasting capital spend projections on a monthly basis.
The post holder will report to the Head of Financial Control.
- Responsible for the maintenance and accuracy of the Trust Fixed Asset Register through the implementation of effective control systems, including:
- Conduct a quarterly verification of fixed and moveable assets using the Asset Tracking module.
- Ensure that all disposals of Capital assets are recorded correctly.
- Investigate discrepancies between the records held on the Asset Register and the information obtained from the verification exercise.
- Implementing and maintaining the necessary systems, controls and procedures to deliver a high level of assurance.
- Provide costing information (e.g. depreciation and interest) by area and fixed asset category for each department. This information is required for Reference Costing and SLR \ PLICS calculations.
- Ensure all projects have the necessary financial codes created within the financial accounting system - Oracle - and are issued to the Project Manager. Monitor the actual transactions being charged to these codes.
- Proactively manage the Trust’s asset database to accurately reflect the fixed assets of the Trust and any changes in and between financial years.
- Working with scheme managers to plan and develop robust forecasts of expenditure in order to monitor project costs against budget.
If you have the relevant skills and experience, then please do not hesitate to apply for this role.