Head of Corporate Finance
Hertfordshire is known as the County of Opportunity. To deliver this promise, the County Council has set out four key strategic priorities that enable all residents to thrive and live full lives as confident citizens; have the opportunity to be healthy and safe; give them the chance to take part and be more active in their local communities; and for citizens, employees and businesses to prosper in a Hertfordshire economy that is strong and resilient.
Aligned with this ambitious and rewarding vision, Council staff are working hard to respond positively and proactively to a wide range of operational and financial challenges. Drawing on a strong track record of high performance and ongoing transformation, they are looking at every part of their services to identify and implement innovative approaches to ensure quality services are delivered for all those who live in, work in or visit the county.
The Head of Corporate Finance reports in to the Assistant Director of Finance and is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the authority’s accounting and budgetary processes, including driving forward the financial planning process to support the council in tackling the financial challenges ahead. The successful candidate will need to support stakeholders with the provision of strategic financial advice, ensuring that finance is at the heart of decision making.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Driving strategic and operational improvements in financial practice standards across the authority.
- Providing financial support to the development and delivery of the Councils commercial strategy.
- Leading on the provision of strategic financial advice on local, regional and national financial matters to the Director and members.
- Co-ordinate the Councils key financial cycle processes across the Council, including developing options for the Council to meet the financial challenges it faces.
- Directing the financial dimensions of the development and delivery of the Councils commercial strategy and major procurements.
To be suitable, you must be an innovative qualified finance professional, with both strong technical skills and the ability to translate strategic business objectives into focused projects and deliver outcomes. Proven experience of leading teams and also implementing and managing change is essential, as is a comprehensive understanding of statutory, regulatory and financial frameworks for local government finance.
To see the job description and for further information on Hertfordshire County Council please refer to https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/herts2017
For more information or an informal discussion, please contact Will Ryan at Allen Lane on 020 3031 9635. To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to Hertscc@allenlane.co.uk by Monday 4th December. The cover letter should be no more then two pages and should say why you are interested in the role and why you believe you are suitable.