Finance Business Partner (Corporate)
7 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Finance Business Partner (Corporate)
Hours p/w: 37
Full time/ Permanent Position
Salary: £ 38,237 - £ 41,967
Location: Milton Keynes
Closing Date: 01/12/2017
Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you’re looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council.
The Corporate Finance team supports both MKC and Milton Keynes Development Partnership LLP (MKDP), which is owned by Milton Keynes Council. It oversees cross Council financial issues, leading on statutory and internal management reporting, for both the current year and medium term financial strategy. Leading the development of key financial processes (such as monthly budget forecasting and reporting, monthly capital reporting and statutory accounting) and working with the Service Finance Teams to ensure these are delivered in a consistent and timely manner to a good quality standard.
MKDP facilitates Milton Keynes’ continued growth and economic success by promoting the development of its land assets to deliver economic and social value from its 70+ sites in line with the Council’s Plan and Core Strategy.
We have recently restructured our finance team supporting Milton Keynes Development Partnership (MKDP) and Milton Keynes Council and as a result, we now need to recruit 2 dynamic and proactive Finance Business Partners, who can build strong and effective relationships to enhance our corporate finance team.
The Finance Business Partners reports to the Corporate Accounting Manager and directly supports the MKDP and Milton Keynes Council by providing effective, efficient, timely and robust finance support services, which both provides support for the strategic direction and change of the Council and MKDP.
To be considered for this exciting role, you will have a relevant accounting qualification and have proven experience in working with complex financial information, strong analytical and advance excel skills are vital along with the ability to build business knowledge quickly and the ability to apply creative thinking to overcome challenges.
- Provide financial analysis, advice and solutions to budget managers within MKDP and the Council on revenue, capital and cash issues.
- Produce monthly management accounts and report to management.
- Interpret and analyse complex financial and non-financial information from multiple data sources, communicating findings and providing recommendations to support decision making.
- Support the development of business plans and budget setting by providing options and advice to achieve the Council’s or MKDP medium term financial plan.
- Complete the Statutory reporting requirements of the MKDP and the Council.
Experience, Qualifications and any Mandatory Requirements
- Relevant professional accounting qualification (CIPFA, CIMA, ACCA, ICAEW).
- Proven ability to develop effective working relationships with budget managers and other finance colleagues.
- Experience of being involved in a medium term budget setting cycle and analysing and reporting financial issues.
- Experience in preparing, analysing and challenging complex information and data from multiple sources.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Customer focus
- Strong Excel, Word and Powerpoint skills
Departmental Benefits of this role
- The opportunity to gain experience working across a number of dynamic and diverse areas supporting the Corporate Finance team.
Milton Keynes Council Benefits
Use your skills to benefit the local community and experience a rewarding, interesting environment and attractive employment package such as:
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates
- A generous minimum holiday entitlement of 27 days per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Option to buy more annual leave
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Excellent in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management
- Flexibility – with full time, part time and term time working options
- Fair pay and a commitment to a minimum Living Wage
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings including retail, travel and leisure discounts as well as a suite of salary sacrifice benefits.
To apply, please upload your covering letter and CV which must include a detailed career history with no gaps, on the Milton Keynes Council Careers website https://goo.gl/CozVqt via the Apply button below.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 01st December 2017
We at Milton Keynes Council take great pride in our city and we hope that it’s you that can help us grow and share our vision.