Interim Deputy Director of Finance(Deputy S151)
As the Council’s Chief Finance Officer and Deputy Section 151 Officer, you will advise the Corporate Director of Resources on all matters relating to Finance, ), Budget & MTFS, closure of accounts, financial management & monitoring, Treasury & Pensions
- To support the Section 151 Officer in providing stewardship of the Council’s finances and overseeing the management of the Council’s budgets and cash flow.
- To provide leadership and direction to the Finance function to ensure the delivery of the Council’s vision and objectives, demonstrating the behaviors within Council’s leadership competencies to at least advanced level.
- To provide corporate support services that significantly supports the provision of services to the community and the Authority and support the organization during this period of change
- To analyse, interpret and present a range of information and data to formulate corporate policy advice, inform and advise the Senior Management team and provide strategic financial direction.
- To provide professional leadership to finance staff throughout the Council, and to ensure maintenance of high standards of financial management and internal controls systems.
You will have been a Deputy or Director of Finance within a Local Authority and have extensive experience of leading a department through change, deputising for the Director of Resources as and when required.
This is a 6 month assignment and needs someone to be able to start in the next couple of weeks
ext couple of weeks
Apply for Interim Deputy Director of Finance(Deputy S151)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly