- Full Time
The Healthcare Management Trust is a registered charity which provides clinical health and social care services to a range of patients across the UK. The organisation owns and operates two care homes in the South East of England. It also operates two hospitals based across the North of England and Wales. The Healthcare Management Trust funds health-related research, scholarship programmes and other areas of related grant-making.
The organisation is currently looking for a Finance Manager who can work specifically with the two care homes. Due to the nature of the role, the successful applicant will be required to travel between the two care home sites when necessary.
As the Finance Manager, you will support the Head of Finance in providing high quality finance information on the two care homes. The information you provide will meet the business needs and you will ensure that the management accounting information is used to inform and challenge management decisions.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and monitoring the month end financial reporting packs including the production of the individual care home management accounts;
- Utilising financial and other information to make recommendations for improvements to the efficiency and effectiveness of the care homes, through trend analysis, benchmarking and best working practices;
- Conducting monthly review meetings on the financial performance of the care homes involving the Head of Finance and care home Managers;
- Assisting the care home Managers in relation to the financial aspects of the admission of new residents, including financial assessments and billing arrangements;
- Assisting the Head of Finance in the preparation of the 5 year financial plan.
It is an exciting time to be joining The Healthcare Management Trust; the organisation is currently going through significant change and expansion and so there will be plenty of opportunity to make a big impact in a short space of time.
The successful applicant will ideally be a CCAB-qualified accountant with a number of years experience within a Financial Management role. The appointed candidate may come from a range of backgrounds, including charities, wider public or commercial sectors. Applicants will demonstrate practical experience of reporting up to Board and senior management level and will be able to give examples of times when they have supported and drove new initiatives. You will be able to manage projects and work under tight deadlines. Your attention to detail and your verbal and written communication skills will be outstanding and you will be able to convey complex finance information to non-finance managers.
For more information and details, please contact Charlotte Smith at Allen Lane on 0203 031 9636.