Team Leader - Public Financial Management
Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) is seeking a Team Leader: Public Financial Management to lead project team members in supporting the Government of Tanzania to implement a range of PFM reforms to strengthen economic governance in Tanzania at the central, regional, and local levels affecting 26 regions and 188 local authorities. PFM has been at the core of Tanzania’s development efforts over the past two decades with the Government-Donor financed Public Financial Management Reform Progamme (PFMRP), and recent efforts have placed a focus on reforms at the regional/local level.
The Team Leader - Public Financial Management will perform the following duties:
- Engage ministry officials regarding the policy and technical implementation of PFM reforms at central, regional, and local government levels;
- Direct and lead strategy for PFMRP efforts in coordination with relevant ministries at regional and local government levels and manage a team of up to 15 PFM experts;
- Minimum 15 years’ of PFM experience including public sector strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting, taxation & revenue management, public procurement process implementation, governance, and internal and external audit at the central or local levels;
- Experience serving as Team Leader, Chief of Party, or other senior executive level position on donor-funded projects; preferably on DFID funded projects.
- Proven success managing geographically dispersed teams and projects;
- Success implementing processes and leading capacity building efforts to strengthen institutional financial management at national and regional government levels;
- Demonstrated experience designing PFM training materials or manuals;
- Demonstrated technical finance or accounting experience in public or private sector;
- Knowledge of PFM reform and decentralization efforts in Sub Saharan Africa;
- Post-graduate qualification in finance, accounting, economics, CPA, ACCA, or other relevant field;
- Professional fluency in English.
- At least 15 years’ experience working in Public Finance Management Reform and/or governance in Sub Saharan Africa.
- Experience working as a Team Leader on a Public Finance Management Reform project.
- Experience working as a Team Leader on a DFID funded project in Sub Saharan Africa.
TO APPLY, SEND AN EMAIL TO email@example.com WITH YOUR NAME AND THE JOB TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE, OR CLICK THE ‘APPLY’ BUTTON BELOW TO BE REDIRECTED TO OUR SITE.
Cardno is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with Advisor expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno's team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs.
Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
* Please Note that selected candidates will be required to pass a background and reference screening.
Cardno is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer EEO/AA/M/F/V/D