Interim Head of Financial Consultancy
A Local Authority currently has a need for an Interim Head of Financial Consultancy This role will work under the leadership of the Director of Finance (Deputy Section 151 Officer) to:
- Champion the culture change to continue to embed business partnering within the financial teams
- Provide strategic Finance Business Partnering to service clients so that the financial aspects of the service clients strategic, business and service plans promote and demonstrate best practice, sound financial governance, and deliver value for money
- Be decision-makers for the key accountabilities set out below and/or as directed by the Director of Finance (Deputy Section 151 Officer)
- Take shared responsibility for the delivery of the Council’s Medium Term Financial Strategy, including project work
- Work collaboratively with Finance senior team ensuring the core financial functions make a valuable contribution to the Council and the community it serves.
- Lead and manage large, complex, cross functional Projects commissioned from the business.
- Prioritise and co-ordinate workload of multiple priorities ensuring quality assured and timely project management both through the Finance Business Partners.
- To oversee the prioritisation of commissioned complex, cross functional projects and through the Finance Business Partners ensure that organisational objectives are met and the Council’s financial interests are protected.
- Provide managers and partner organisations with independent analysis and interpretation of financial and performance material, ensuring decisions are made with consideration for financial resources and meet the financial objectives of the Deputy Section 151 Officer and Section 151 Officer.
You will be CCAB qualified and have worked within a senior finance role within local government ideally at Head of Finance/Assistant Director level and led teams and have a proven track record with Local Government Finance