Head of Financial Management
The Royal Marsden is a world-leading cancer centre specialising in cancer diagnosis, treatment, research and education. They have two hospitals: one in Chelsea, London, and another in Sutton, Surrey. The mission; to cure more people and improve the quality of life for those living with and after cancer. With 3,500 employees, £350m income and an unrivalled reputation for its patient care, the Marsden is making an impact.
As a member of the Senior Management team with the finance department, and reporting into the Associate Director – Operations, some of the key responsibilities include:
- Successfully combining both day to day “hands on” operational management and broader strategic thinking;
- Overseeing the Trust’s financial plans;
- Driving efficiency programmes across the Trust;
- Responsibility for leading and developing a department of professionals ensuring a comprehensive and efficient service is provided to directors, senior managers, budget holders and external stakeholders at all times;
- Evaluating current systems and processes with a view to streamline and improve.
We are looking for CCAB qualified, ambitious individual with passion, drive and energy. You must be able to demonstrate excellent communication and leadership skills complemented by relevant experience of working in a senior management role within the NHS, wider public or commercial sectors. In addition, you should have a proven track record of leading and effectively managing organisational change, an ability to deliver tight deadlines and a flexible approach to work both strategically and operationally.
For further information please contact Adrian Watts from Allen Lane on 0207 101 8807 or email your CV and supporting statement to email@example.com, citing the role you are applying for.