Interim Financial Services Manager
A district council currently have a need for an Interim Financial Services Manager.
The position would be responsible for both financial and management accounts for the district, reporting to the Head of Finance & Dep S151 Officer.
- To undertake a key role in the formulation and development of the council’s Medium Term Financial Strategy and Annual Budget.
- To effectively manage the delivery of the council’s budget reporting requirements to ensure they are both accurate and timely.
- To prepare reports and to provide advice on the financial implications of reports.
- To participate in major projects by providing financial support, as required.
- To deliver continuous improvement in processes and practices within the Financial Services Department.
- To supervise the Capital Programme ensuring that each capital project has been appraised and that capital funding opportunities are maximized
- To ensure external funding opportunities are maximised in accordance with the external funding protocol and ensure that all external funding projects are properly monitored including monitoring compliance against the terms and conditions of the funding
- To ensure the council adheres to its treasury management strategy
- Ensure the council meets all statutory and external reporting requirements.
- To contribute to the closure of the council’s accounts and preparation of the Statement of Accounts. This includes liaising with the council’s external auditors as required.
- To manage and report on statutory and operational performance indicators and targets relevant to your area.
- To ensure all VAT returns are sent off by the deadline and ensure VAT advice is provided when necessary within agreed deadlines.
- To manage the council’s Risk Management and Insurance arrangements, ensuring that they are monitored effectively.
- To complete and maintain Procedure notes for your areas of responsibility.
- To contribute towards the formulation and review of service plans.
You will be CCAB qualified with a proven track record within Local Government Corporate Finance, and have a good grasp of the close down process.