Interim Accountant - Corporate
Allen Lane are recruiting an Interim Accountant for a high profile Borough based in Central London.
Sitting within the Corporate Finance function and reporting in to the Chief Accountant, you will play a key role in delivering on the Borough's financial obligations whilst driving through a series of continuous improvement projects.
As such, key responsibilities include;
- Preparing sections of the Statement of Accounts, ensuring compliance with statutory deadlines and the completion of robust and accurate working papers.
- Liaising with the External Auditors on all matters falling within the remit of the post, providing explanations and background working documents when required
- Analysing, commenting on and implementing any changes in legislation including changes in accounting practices, ensuring departments comply with the Councils’ policies to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the accounts
- Ensuring the timely and accurate completion of all financial, statutory, statistical and other returns
- Setting the council tax including producing budgets and producing associated publications and the maintenance of long and medium term financial plans.
Key person specification;
- Fully qualified accountant (ideally CIPFA)
- Demonstrable experience working at a similar level within a Corporate Finance function previously
If you are immediately available and can display the above aptitudes and characteristics we would love to hear from you. Please note that applications will be reviewed prior to closing and as such immediate application is recommended.