Interim Head of Procurement and Commercial Services
University of Sussex is an internationally renowned Higher Education institution currently amongst the top 20 in the UK. Situated in rolling parkland on the edge of Brighton, the campus combines award-winning architecture with green open spaces. University of Sussex offer a great range of staff benefits including access to world-class resources, discounted gym and sports memberships, interest-free season ticket loan and staff activities throughout the year.
This exciting opportunity arises following the secondment of the substantive post holder to a major project for the transformation of Procurement and Commercial Services at the University.
This is an influential post within the institution with responsibility for management and delivery of high quality procurement and commercial activities and services to the University’s stakeholders. You will take ownership of the management of risk in the commercial cycle and the continued development and embedding of procurement best practice among those with responsibility for operations, budgets and the acquisition of goods and services.
You will have excellent interpersonal skills as the post will involve managing a dedicated team of seven. You will also need to bring credibility and convince influential stakeholders to support institutional change. You will need to demonstrate highly developed financial and commercial acumen in the achievement of strategic procurement and commercial objectives.
- Drive best value in commercial contracts, transactions and arrangements
- Ensure effective policy & good practice to support value delivery within the organisation
- Implementation of Strategic Procurement and Category Management Plans
- Manage risk in commercial arrangements
- Management of the commercial team
Skills & experience:
- MCIPS Qualified
- Successful experience of Managing a team of professionals , improving their performance and the quality of their work through organising effective working
- Managing procurement activity and experience of working within a commercial environment
- Facilitating and influencing the activities and focus of senior groups with responsibility for the oversight of strategic activities
- Implementing and managing process, systems and data sources to support VFM performance monitoring
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, please contact our nominated recruitment partner, Penna. Please send a full CV and covering statement to email@example.com
Apply for Interim Head of Procurement and Commercial Services
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly