Interim Senior Technical Accountant
A Local Authority are looking to recruit an Interim Senior Finance Professional
This role will provide senior level support to the S151 Officer in the following areas:
- Strategic Treasury Management: including preparation of the 2016/17 year -end review of Treasury Management activities, advance work required for preparing the 2018/19 Treasury Management Strategy, and supporting the Treasury Officer in cash flow forecasting, investment of funds, and undertaking any borrowing requirements.
- Project management of the Bill Payments Project: involving transferring the facility for our customers to pay their barcoded invoices using bespoke cards from the Coop Bank to All Pay and to coordinate with the Communications Team and the Customer Contact Centre, the engagement and communications required to make the transfer a success.
- Lead on the work required arising from our bank changing its sort code.
- Strategic financial advice on commercial property acquisitions: in particular modelling the financial consequences of the alternative options for funding the property. Developing the financial model further so that it considers discounted cash flows.
- To provide tax and VAT advice (we subscribe to the PS Tax service for complex matters).
- To provide financial and accounting services to (a housing company fully owned by the Council to support the company board in its business decisions.
- To produce a considered view during and/or at the end of the assignment on the strengths and weaknesses of the current way Finance performs in these technical areas so that Finance can subsequently improve by identifying possible learning and development needs, introducing different approaches to the work, and/or strengthening financial models or procedures.
- A fully qualified CCAB accountant.
- Knowledge of local authority capital funding, particularly MRP calculations.
- Strong financial modelling skills.
- Treasury management experience.
- Flexible and “can-do” attitude to this work assignment.
- Senior Financial Management experience within Local Government essential
- The role is currently under review to fall out side of IR35 and there is an option for some home working