Senior Financial Accountant
We are supporting King’s Interventional Facilities Management in their search for a Financial Accountant. King’s IFM provides fully managed services including procurement, equipment and the supply chain for diagnostic and treatment facilities for King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
A newly-formed organisation, it is an exciting time to be joining King’s IFM, whose turnover is circa £70 million. The organisation is in its start-up phase and so the Financial Accountant will play a key role in the development of the finance area; including the configuration of a new system and recruitment of the supporting technical finance team.
The role will report into the Financial Controller and will manage the organisation’s Financial Accounting section and associated monthly and annual reporting.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Delivering the annual accounts ensuring meticulous planning and coordination of the accounts production and supporting explanatory papers;
- Preparing and submitting the quarterly VAT returns and producing monthly financial statements for the management team;
- Uploading and reconciling the monthly payroll and expenses file;
- Ensuring all invoices are raised promptly and accurately and the timely collection of monies through robust credit control management
- Managing staff and ensuring that all staff receives the necessary training to maintain and improve their performance.
The successful applicant will be a CCAB Qualified Accountant and will come from the NHS, wider public sector, commercial organisation or straight from Practice. You will have thorough experience of working as a senior manager within a complex finance department and have extensive technical finance knowledge. Your skills will cover excellent analytical and reasoning abilities, an ability to prepare and present financial information to non-financial people and an ability to influence and challenge stakeholders. Candidates must also be willing to “roll up sleeves” and get involved in a wide range of tasks when necessary due to the size of the organisation.