PO4: Starting salary £39,855 pa rising in annual increments to £42,651 pa incl LW plus market supplement of 5,500 pa.
Lambeth is a thriving borough that has been on a significant improvement journey over the last 10 years. It has moved from 39% resident satisfaction in 2003 to 72% today and key to this improvement is the Lambeth Council staff. To continue this transformation and to help them achieve their objectives of being a stronger, fairer and more prosperous borough they are looking to recruit five Accountants over a variety of services.
The Accountants will sit within the following services:
- Corporate Resources (two positions)
- Compliance & Systems
- Financial Reporting
- Financial Planning & Budgeting
The roles will differ from service to service but key responsibilities are likely to include;
- Developing relationships to ensure a true business partnering approach
- Supporting budget reconfiguration and advising on change
- Writing and presenting management board and committee reports, providing specialist, technical advice to support effective decision making
- Supporting the development of business cases and/or funding bids
- Taking responsibility for core accounting duties and grant reporting
- Reviewing and updating processes and procedures in line with the Smarter, Simpler and Cheaper
To be suitable for these roles you need to be passionate, credible, resilient and be either qualified, or finalist level with the ability to influence and challenge senior management.
This is an ideal role for those seeking to step up in to a role where they can add value and make a difference. It is essential that you are able to engage constructively with staff across the Council, to explain financial concepts, and to support them in taking ownership of their budgets and expenditure.
Closing Date: 28th August 2017, Midnight
How to apply: Please visit our website www.lambeth.gov.uk to apply online addressing the shortlisting criteria as indicated on the person specification.
Lambeth is committed to Safer Recruitment and aims for quality services and equal opportunities for all.