Interim Senior Capital Accountant
Working to the Head of Strategic Finance this post will be responsible for leading on the provision of management accounting for the council's extensive capital programme, including direct budget holder support and leading on the production and delivery of capital monitoring reports to Directorate and Divisional management teams.
The role will provide backfill during a period when the council implements a new finance system and the candidate will therefore may also be required to provide support to help facilitate these changes, and will be expected to work flexibly across other areas such as capital project business partnering as required.
Role initially for 6 months but potential that may be extended to around mid 2018.
- CCAB qualified
- Understanding of local government capital accounting regulations
- Experience of working effectively with business to provide robust capital management accounting advice and support
- Ability to convey complex financial information to a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to produce high quality financial monitoring reports for senior stakeholders
- Ability and drive to work proactively with minimal supervision
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and workloads